Maximizing our Human capital
Our people and their work systems are organized according to the key functions of marketing, human capital management, operations and finance. All of our subsidiaries operate with a fair degree of autonomy with strategic oversight and support coming from the Group’s corporate staff.
Functional structures like ours work well in relatively stable environments like the Caribbean. This has placed the Group in a position to exploit the economies of scale through efficient utilization of our resources and creating synergies.
For world-class performance and sustained competitive advantage, we have developed the necessary capabilities to outmaneuver competition and even our self in the areas of output, quality, delivery, customer service and cost.
As we steer towards sustainable superior performance, the Group’s HR function is committed to creating new cultural norms that will show up as a common unifying aspiration among all internal stakeholders and which propels the collective environment to achieve:-
- Alignment of strategic objectives
- Dedication to customer delight
- Manufacturing Excellence with a focus on teambuilding
- Best or new operating practices
- Empowered and inspired employees
- Reward and recognition for exceptional performance
- Purposeful communication
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Employer Choice Status
Our goal is to move our human capital towards superior performance and to focus on human capital optimization and development. This has required several change intervention initiatives, which include:
- Aligning both individual and organizational values
- Focusing and building on internal relationships (People-ing)
- Ensuring employee career fulfillment through career development and management systems
- Transforming and enlightening the emotional intelligence of our leaders through Continuous Executive Development (CED)